Welcome to the CADSTARguys Blog - Information, hints, tips and my waffle on the CADSTAR Printed Circuit Board design suite.

Please note that all names used are completely fictitious and any thing written is my own personal opinion or knowledge and not related in any way to either my employers or their customers (or Zuken).
Also this is not a replacement for proper Maintenence/support and you should read the help files before asking anything techy:).

Monday 24 May 2010

My very first blog!

You know....

It's actually been over 18 months since I actually completed a PCB design, and I'm pretty sure that I do not miss it one iota!

Not because I don't like connecting up hundreds of components and thousands of connections over many layers to make an electronic circuit work (and work well), but because I don't miss the dark place that I was in when I was doing it.

I guess I can only describe that place as a dead end job with no prospects, challenges, opportunities (or even a life!).

Anyway, rather than bore you with the place I was in, let me tell you about the place that I am in now. Now I am challenged on a daily basis, some I enjoy, some I don't (mostly I do), I get to discover every little nuance of CADSTAR, figure out how every command, operation, button or option works and once I have figured it out I get to help others to understand how it works too.

I like helping other people understand CADSTAR, although difficult to understand at times like any software, I am sure there was method in the madness of those that wrote it (grin).

So to relieve the pressure I'm going to have a blog, be it weekly or even daily I know not - all I know is that it sounds kinda fun so we'll give it a go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment